5/4/21

Tootsie Roll Tuesday 2021-16

 

The connections we make with people along the way are so unique and diverse.  And when we stop to reflect on those relationships we really find meaning in them.  I am a part of the Stephen Ministry group at my church and had the unintentional honor of introducing my care receiver to the poet Pablo Neruda.  Weekly, we read his poetry and right now we are really taken by his "Book of Odes".  Neruda's simple, flowing words ignite our imaginations and our conversations.  They allow us to explore imagery, history, people, and the simple things in life that were once unknown to us.  



Both my care receiver and I have explored Neruda and his poetry on our own as well.  Of late, Tootsie Roll and been struggling with some health issues and life has been turned a bit on its side for the two of us.  We are coping because it is what we do.  And I found this poem by Neruda to be very helpful in working through Tootsie's health struggles.  


So many beautiful images in the words of this ode - union of man and dog, the space between silence and words...amazing things to let fill the mind when it is worried and sad.  I hope they do the same for you, peace:)


No comments:

Post a Comment