2/23/21

Tootsie Roll Tuesday 2021-8

 


     As I prepared for a long-weekend away from home to join in the festivities of my niece's 16th birthday, I came to the conclusion that Tootsie Roll the Pug would be happier and more at ease if I left her at home with "daddy" and the other pets.  It was not an easy decision, as I like to spend as many moments with that sweet lil' pug as possible; but it was the best and most logical decision for this particular jam-packed with activities weekend!  The weekend of a blast, "daddy" sent daily pictures of Tootsie Roll the Pug, and when I finally got back home on Monday afternoon Tootsie and I enjoyed some relaxing lap time!  



     It is also interesting to think of the proverb that means the opposite of, "Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder", which is "Out of Sight, Out of Mind".  Tootsie Roll the Pug may have been out of sight this past weekend, but she was never out of mind.  But I did grow up a bit and realized that her time away from me should not be time spent sad and lonely; but rather peaceful and relaxed - enjoying the time with others and with the knowledge that we will be back together.  Trust in our companionship, even after all these years, grew a bit over the weekend and I am grateful for these new found feelings and beliefs!  Thanks be to God:)

No comments:

Post a Comment