12/15/20

Tootsie Roll Tuesday 2020-44

 Gratitude


Gratitude...What & Why:)



Meet Tootsie Roll's Vet, Dr. Rick Arnold 


Dr. Arnold, I AM SO GRATEFUL for the care you give me

Once upon a time I was a divorced woman who was fortunate enough to have lived in a neighborhood filled with loving & compassionate women.  Two of these fine ladies - Susie & Martha - were animal lovers just like me.  We formed a bound and connection of care for one another that got us through the good & the bad times for many years.  During one of those years, Martha had to say good bye to one of her cats.  She invited Susie and me to come along with her for support and that is the day I met Dr. Arnold.  It is a day I will never forget, because not only was it the dawn of a new relationship with Dr. Arnold; it was also the first time in my life that I was present for the euthanization of an animal.  Although a sad experience, it was also comforting to know the compassion that goes into making and carrying out that decision.  It was at that moment I knew I would be entrusting the care of my then current pets and all future pet to Dr. Rick Arnold DVM.  

Dr. Arnold Tootsie Roll and I express our full gratitude to you:)

gratitude has a dual meaning: a worldly one and a transcendent one. In its worldly sense, gratitude is a feeling that occurs in interpersonal exchanges when one person acknowledges receiving a valuable benefit from another. Gratitude is a cognitive-affective state that is typically associated with the perception that one has received a personal benefit that was not intentionally sought after, deserved, or earned but rather because of the good intentions of another person” (Emmons & Stern, 2013).


No comments:

Post a Comment