11/28/17

It's All Fun & Games...

...when Tootsie Roll and Lucille get a Nina Ottosson Treat Tumble!  

A long day at work for the huMOM equals a long day at home alone for the Tootsie Roll and Lucille:(  They are ready for some interaction when I get home and that is what I want to give them...but there are a few other things that need to get done - cleaning, exercise, errands, dinner...And I feel so guilty when they are looking at me for more when I am trying to get some of those other things checked off the list.  

These Nina Ottosson pet games and puzzles can provide a little balance...some hands-on and some hands-off time.  When I introduced the Treat Tumble ball to Tootsie and Lucille we played and learned together.  What I observed was their continued reliance on me to get the ball when it was in a tough spot.  What I hope to instill is some self-reliance; the girls going to the ball on their own and continuing and/or initiating play if they see I am otherwise preoccupied.  To help this out I am going to leave the ball full of treats in different spaces of the house when I go to work in the morning in hopes that a surprise find of a tumble full of treats will encourage play in my absence.  

There is no substitute for dog and people time spent together; but there is also something to be said for teaching old and new dogs different ways to play - with and without the people who love and care for them.  The TootsUncommon household if excited to try out new N. Ottosson games and puzzles and will periodically report back with our observations and suggestions.  In the meantime there are two links our PUG BLOG fans can click on to learn more about Nina Ottoson and/or to make a purchase.  If you use the Amazon link a percentage of your purchase(s) will go to the Kentuckiana (Kentucky & Indiana) Pug Rescue:)




No comments:

Post a Comment