The Crown Chakra is the seventh chakra and it is at the top of the "chakra ladder" which starts from the Root Chakra that grounds us on the Earth and progresses upward to the Sahasrara which connects us with the universe and the Divine source of creation.
The thousand petaled chakra embraces an attitude of gratitude for one's life. When we realize that everything is interconnected and that we are a part of the larger scheme of life, we begin to live with gratitude, faith and trust, rather than filled with fear and anxiety. We are guided by the Higher Power and we feel Divinity from within and from without.
Corpse Pose, Savasana
This is an excellent calming and balancing Crown chakra yoga pose. Whenever you can, practice this pose outside, lying on the grass where your body can absorb the pulsed energies of the Earth. Use a blanked instead of the yoga mat, because the material of your mat might block the bio energies of the Earth.
- Lie on your back on the floor. If you find that you need some neck support, you can fold a towel and place it under your neck.
- Stretch your legs, spread them comfortably apart (whatever feels good for you) and relax your lower body.
- Draw your shoulder blades underneath you, tilt your chin slightly towards your chest (to lengthen your neck) and relax.
- Your arms should be by your side, palms facing up or down, whatever is most comfortable for you.
- There should be no effort to maintain this position.
- Breathe deeply and feel the connection of your body with the ground. Visualize deep purple energy in your Crown chakra as it is pulsing - expanding and contracting, spinning and moving. Feel the flow of energy and feel the stability this pose provides you.
As much as this pose looks simple, it is a challenging pose. It is called the Corpse pose, because it is supposed to imitate the stillness of a corpse. Continue visualizing the flow of energy from your Crown chakra all the way down to your Root chakra.
"Death is the transformation of the envelope that contains our spirit. Do not confuse the envelope with its contents." Leo Tolstoy
So, the pictures of the dogs in the leis were my original inspiration for these Yoga related PUG BLOGS ...seeing Tootsie Roll in the orange lei at my niece's 10th birthday slumber party made me think of the Chakra, or energy center, colors! Tootsie Roll and I hope you have enjoyed learning a bit about them and some Yoga poses to help open up these energy centers of our bodies! Until next time...NAMASTE!