|"I am at one with my Woofler"|
The Third Eye Chakra transcends time. It is located at the brow, above the base of the nose.
The gift of this chakra is seeing - both inner and outer worlds. The energy of this chakra allows us to experience clear thought as well as gifts of spiritual contemplation and self reflection.
The "way of the third eye" is seeing everything as it is from a point of "witness" or "observer", or from simply being mindful - moment by moment.
The Third Eye is not only the seat of wisdom, but also a seat of conscience. This is where you not only see what is going on, but you also know what it means. This is where your sense of justice and your ethics originate. When your third eye is open, you not only see but you also understand.
Downward Facing Dog, Adho Mukha Svanasana
This Third Eye Chakra yoga pose gently prepares you for headstands as you get used to the increased blood flow to your head. Concentrate on your third eye as you hold this position.
- Come down on the floor and kneel on all fours with your back flat.
- Walk your hands farther forward, your palms flat on the floor. Spread your fingers and establish firm contact with the floor.
- Exhale and lift your tailbone straightening your legs and keeping your feet flat on the floor. Lengthen your tailbone away from the pelvis. Keep lifting your sit bones towards the ceiling.
- Strengthen your knees, but make sure you do not lock them.
- Your hands and arms are straight, keep firm contact with the floor, pressing your palms into the mat.
Downward facing dog is one of the poses in the Sun Salutation sequence. It is a wonderful pose to calm the mind and energize the whole body. You can stay in this pose for 1-3 minutes.
And some words of wisdom from Katha Upanishad, "One path leads outward and the other inwards. You can walk the way outward that leads to pleasure or the way inward that leads to grace."