|"Chile today, hot tamale....Wrongo, Lucille! You got it backwards!"|
The Throat Chakra is the fifth chakra and it is the first of the higher or spiritual chakras on the "chakra ladder". This chakra is located in the region of neck and shoulders and its color is blue.
The gift of this chakra is accepting your originality, expressing your authentic voice and speaking your truth.The energy of this chakra allows you to seek knowledge that is true, beyond limitations of time and space, beyond cultural and family conditioning.
The main challenge for the fifth chakra is doubt and negative thinking. When you gain and verify your knowledge through meditation and direct experience, then doubt and negativity are removed.
The "way of the Throat Chakra" is the way of inspired creativity, seeking and sharing of the truth. It is the way of standing up for what you believe, saying no when you need to, and being open and honest in what you say.
Fish Pose, Matsyasana
With this throat chakra yoga pose, you open the front of your neck. When you are in this pose, visualize blue light coming into your throat chakra. See your chakra spinning and vibrating with energy.
Feel the power of self-expression in your throat. Visualize yourself in a situation where you want to express yourself and your feelings. Feel your own truth.
- Sit on the floor with your legs fully extended in front of you.
- Place your hands on the floor behind you, with your fingertips just underneath your buttocks.
- Slowly move your elbows out of the way and allow the head to go back. Always maintain control, never allow the head to just flop back.
- Level yourself on the crown so you feel supported.
- Continue moving your arms out of the way.
- You can either let your arms rest at your side, or you can bring your palms together over your heart in a prayer position. This will enhance the flow of prana in the upper body.
Communication is vital....but speaking just to hear yourself is seldom necessary...at least that is Tootsie Roll's two cents....Here is what Sri Sathya Sai Baba has to say,"First think....before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?" Now that is some powerful stuff!
Tomorrow's color is indigo....but just what color is that?
One of the colors of the rainbow, indigo — a dark purplish blue — gets it name from the indigo plant used to create the indigo dye.