2/2/15

"Cogito, ergo sum" ("I think, therefore I am")

"RenĂ© Descartes (1596 - 1650) was a French philosopher, mathematician, scientist and writer of the Age of Reason. He has been called the "Father of Modern Philosophy", and much of subsequent Western philosophy can be seen as a response to his writings. He is responsible for this well-known quotation in philosophy."  http://www.philosophybasics.com/philosophers_descartes.html

A well known quote that has been reworded to meet lots of philosophical views! My rewrite for today is, "I am, therefore I sweep"  As an Existentialist I believe in defining my own meaning of life...therefore I changed the order of this famous quote...First I am...I have free will and choice to define my own meanings of things around me...so therefore I sweep!  

But why sweep?  Well, to be honest, I love to sweep!  Not as much as I love Tootsie Roll and supporting her love of all things dog fashion!  But with a small bungalow and four furry pets and one furry husband, I sweep everyday!  Yes...Monday - Sunday!  Seven days a week I sweep!  

For many years I was a Dyson fan....I have owned three uprights from Dyson and one of their stick vacuums.  Their motto at one time included something about always sucking!  Well, when the switch on my Dyson vacuums worked, they did suck up dirt, pet hair, etc...really well!  But, I had multiple switch issues with my different uprights and my stick!  

I finally called it quits and purchased a Miele!  With a small house I really needed something that I could haul up and down the basement stairs, that glides easily under furniture and that fits into tiny bathroom spaces.  The Miele stick vacuum was the answer to my sweeping dreams!  Just look at this beauty!

For my area rugs I bought the Electro Plush Brush attachment:
I have gone from bagless to bag....cleaner in the long run.  And from all plastic parts on the Dyson to plastic and metal with the Miele.  German made, and based on what the lady at Vacuum Authority had to say, "Each Miele vacuum is manufactured and packaged by one individual...I am looking forward to a long and happy sweeping relationship with my Miele!  

No comments:

Post a Comment