9/3/14

This week's PUG blast from the past - 9/2/13 - When Cooper Met Kona!

It's Labor Day and plans for the day might range from cook outs, music fests, one last day at the pool, movie marathons!  I'll take movie marathons for $100, please!  Perfect!  Why not start out with a "modern" classic..."When Harry Met Sally"?  Here is a quote from IMBd:

"Sally Albright: Well, if you must know, it was because he was very jealous, and I had these days of the week underpants.
Harry Burns: Ehhhh. I'm sorry. I need the judges ruling on this. "Days of the weeks underpants"?
Sally Albright: Yes. They had the days of the week on them, and I thought they were sort of funny. And then one day Sheldon says to me, "You never wear Sunday." It was all suspicious. Where was Sunday? Where had I left Sunday? And I told him, and he didn't believe me.
Harry Burns: What?
Sally Albright: They don't make Sunday.
Harry Burns: Why not?
Sally Albright: Because of God."

Now, Tootsie Roll and I found an updated "pet-friendly" version of this "modern" classic titled, "When Cooper Met Kona" and their dialog from the same scene in the movie goes a little somethin' like this:

Kona:  Well, if you must know, it was because I was going to the groomer, and I had collected these generic days of the week scarves.

Cooper:  Ehhh.  I'm sorry.  I need the fashion polices' ruling on this.  "Generic days of the week scarves"?  

Kona:  Yes.  They had the days of the week on them, and I thought they were sort of fashionable.  And then one day I was at the Bark Park and I see someone wearing a Woofler from TootsUncommon, and I said to my human, "You never buy me fashionable attire from TootsUncommon."  It was all surreal.  Where was my TootsUncommon Woofler?  Where had my human left his sense of canine fashion? And what he told me I did not believe.

Cooper:  What?

Kona:  They don't really make clothes for dogs.

Cooper:  Why not?

Kona:  That's exactly what I said and then I went out and bought us each a Woofler!  I hope you like it "


"When Cooper Met Kona"


No comments:

Post a Comment