7/28/14

I have the right...

...to be trained so that I do not become the prisoner of my misbehavior.

Humans domesticated the dog, so it is our responsibility to follow through and train our dogs on what it means to be domesticated.  You don't have to go all extreme, but some basic manners are important.  I cannot read a dog's mind, but I doubt that he/she is saying, "I can't wait until the next time someone knocks at the door!  I am going to bark like crazy, get all wound up, and jump all over that visitor!"  No, they don't know what to do until we teach them.  When the dog knows to greet the visitor gently it is a win-win situation for ALL involved!

On our walk this afternoon several dogs were out in yards.  Some stood at the fence and wagged a tail or completely ignored us- that yard belongs to dogs who go out to enjoy the fresh air and take care of business!  Other dogs barked like crazy and ran up and down the fence line...those yards belong to humans who most likely put the dog out in the yard because they don't want to deal with it.  If you were a dog, which scenario would you choose?  That is what Tootsie Roll and I thought!

No human or animal wants to be a prisoner.  We all need to train/teach one another the "Golden Rule" and follow it!  Good luck and, "May the force be with you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment